Website HomeCentris Healthcare
Compassionate Care...Excellent Outcomes
HomeCentris Home Health wants you to join its team. We are looking for Home Health Physical Therapist(s) (PTA) and Home Health Occupational Therapist(s) (COTA) interested in making a difference for our patients. The position would be based out of our Owings Mills, Maryland location, but multiple primary geographies are available throughout Maryland to help fuel our growth.
The Physical Therapist / Occupational Therapist – Skilled Home Health evaluates, plans and administers comprehensive therapy modalities/regimens to patients in their place of residence for the purpose of developing and restoring function through rehabilitative therapy as prescribed by a physician. Utilizing physicians’ orders and professional skills, the Physical / Occupational Therapist develops and implements a home health plan that meets each patient’s specific needs and follows federal and state regulations, reimbursement guidelines as well as agency policies and procedures.
Full time, and PRN schedules are available and home health experience is preferred, but not necessary.
HOMECENTRIS’ Core Purpose is “to empower people to remain in the community through innovative health solutions.” Skilled Home Health is a big part of that purpose. When paired with our non-medical home care services, we can offer both post-acute and long-term care options for our patients to keep them safe and independent at home. Come put your Compassion to work at HomeCentris.
Why should you Join HomeCentris?
- Highest “Points per Visit” in the Area
- Locally Owned and Managed
- One-to-One Patient Care
- Paid Time Off (Full time positions)
- Extensive Training for PTs New to Home Health
- Opportunity to Select Multiple Primary Coverage Areas
- Mileage/Tolls Reimbursement
- Work as part of a Clinical Team to ensure Excellent outcomes
HomeCentris Benefits: (Full Time Therapists)
- HomeCentris offers a “Points Per Visit” model which compensates you proportionately to your time spent.
- HomeCentris offers a comprehensive benefits plan through CareFirst that includes medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and disability insurance.
- Eight Paid Holidays,
- Paid Time Off,
- 401k plan, direct deposit,
- “Soft phone” app to eliminate calls to your personal phone number,
- To learn more about HomeCentris, click here
HomeCentris offers initial training and ongoing training to support you in your role and to provide career growth.
PT / OT Responsibilities:
- Performs accurate and comprehensive assessments.
- Obtains physician orders for certification and re-certification of home physical therapy services.
- Ensures that changes in patients’ clinical status are communicated to other healthcare team members and agency office staff verbally and in writing in a timely manner.
- Ensures that physician orders are communicated to other healthcare team members and agency staff in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician, patient and family/caregivers, other healthcare team members and agency staff to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Educates patients, their families/caregivers and other staff as appropriate, in appropriate therapy modalities.
- Delivers therapy modalities appropriate to the patient’s clinical status and needs, and in accordance with the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Provides, modifies or discontinues therapy modalities based upon an ongoing assessment/reassessment of the patient’s clinical status and in accordance with physician orders.
- Assesses the patient for the need for durable medical equipment as well as other adaptive equipment needs.
- Develops appropriate home exercise programs tailored to the patient’s clinical status, needs and age.
- Synthesizes data from the physical examination and analyzes data to make clinical judgments regarding patient management.
- Able to appropriately assess and reassess a patient’s pain.
- Utilizes appropriate pain management modalities that include, but are not limited to, therapy modalities.
- Educates the patient and/or caregiver in effective pain management modalities.
- Provides therapy modalities in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Identifies risk of injuries or threats to life and health in the patient’s environment, i.e., environmental/safety/mobility risks and implements appropriate interventions to reduce those risks.
- Addresses and supports cultural practices providing such practices do not harm the patient or others, and do not interfere with the planned course of therapy.
- Performs transfer and discharge planning functions in accordance with agency policy and applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences in accordance with agency policy.
- Maintains current knowledge of community resources. Identifies and accesses appropriate external and internal resources to meet patient and/or family needs and to facilitate optimal patient outcomes while home care services are being provided, and for transfer and discharge processes.
- Create and/or follow a designated care plan in accordance with patient’s needs.
Qualifications for a Physical / Occupational Therapist (PT):
- Current valid state therapy license
- Graduate of an accredited therapy curriculum/school
- One (1) year of work experience.
- Prior home health experience preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable automobile.
- Proof of current automobile insurance.
- Current health certificate/physical examination and TB testing.
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases as assigned.
Come put your Compassion to Work at HomeCentris!
HomeCentris is accredited through CHAP and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.