Compassionate Care, Excellent Outcomes
HomeCentris Home Health wants you to join its team. We are looking for Licensed Practical Nurse(s) (LPN) in Skilled Home Health who are interested in making a difference for our patients. The position would be based out of our Owings Mills, MD headquarters, but multiple primary geographies are available throughout Central Maryland to help fuel our growth.
The LPN – Skilled Home Health is responsible for planning, coordinating, providing and documenting care for a geographically assigned caseload of patients. Utilizing physicians’ orders and professional skills, the LPN Provides skilled nursing care to patients in their home under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Provides service in accordance with the agency philosophy, standards and policies.
Full time, part time, and PRN schedules are available and home health experience is preferred, but not necessary.
HOMECENTRIS’ Core Purpose is “to empower people to remain in the community through innovative health solutions.” Skilled Home Health is a big part of that purpose. When paired with our non-medical home care services, we can offer both post-acute and long-term care options for our patients to keep them safe and independent at home. Come put your Compassion to work at HomeCentris.
Why should you Join HomeCentris?
- Highest “Points per Visit” in the Area
- Locally Owned and Managed
- One-to-One Patient Care
- Paid Time Off (Full time positions)
- Extensive Training for Nurses New to Home Health
- Opportunity to Select Multiple Primary Coverage Areas
- Mileage/Tolls Reimbursement
- Work as part of a Clinical Team to ensure Excellent outcomes
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Benefits (Full Time Nurses)
- HomeCentris offers a “Points Per Visit” model which compensates you proportionately to your time spent.
- HomeCentris offers a comprehensive benefits plan through CareFirst that includes medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and disability insurance.
- Eight Paid Holidays,
- Paid Time Off,
- 401k plan, direct deposit,
- “Soft phone” app to eliminate calls to your personal phone number,
- To learn more about HomeCentris, click here
HomeCentris offers initial training and ongoing training to support you in your role and to provide career growth.
- Provides skilled nursing in the home as ordered on the plan of treatment and nursing care plan.
- Evaluates the significance of assessment findings and communicates any pertinent information about the patient’s clinical status and ongoing needs to others in a timely fashion.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and patient’s clinical position.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Functions as a team member demonstrating collaboration with, and responsibility to patient, physician, interdisciplinary team.
- Adheres to all agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in agency’s mandated activities, as requested by the Case Manager or Director of Nursing including in-services and committee meetings.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Addresses and supports cultural practices, as long as such practices do not harm others or interfere with the planned course of medical therapy.
- Promotes patient/family/caregiver education using various verbal and written communication techniques that take into account the patient’s/family’s cultural, ethnic and/or personal needs or preferences.
- Completes and submits necessary documentation in accordance with agency policy and applicable regulations.
- Submits verification of completed visits in accordance with agency policy.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences in accordance with agency policy.
Qualifications for a Registered Nurse (RN):
- A current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Maryland.
- A minimum of one year of recent, verifiable clinical (medical/surgical) experience.
- Prior home care experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Graduation from an accredited and approved nursing program, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases as assigned. Valid state driver’s license and reliable automobile.
- Proof of current automobile insurance.
- Current health certificate/physical examination and TB testing.
- Current CPR card.
Come put your Compassion to Work at HomeCentris!
HomeCentris is accredited through CHAP and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.