Home Care Services
If your loved one needs assistance with the activities of daily living or home making services, HomeCentris Personal Care can help. Our home care services and caring, professional staff will allow you to remain comfortable and as independent as possible. Our goal is to empower you to stay at home. Our personal care offering is outlined below and explains the process start to finish.
Review Your Needs
During our initial visit, a HomeCentris team member will spend time with you to understand your current situation and the type of home care services you may need. Each of our clients is different so it is important we get to know you. Our Needs Assessment allows us to understand your concerns and how we can help During this visit, we will tour your residence and learn about your concerns and challenges. We will also inquire about your current healthcare team so we can complement your current providers. The Needs Assessment helps us ensure no issues or problems are left unnoticed and find the best caregiver/client match.
The Needs Assessment visit is also a good time to discuss your financial resources and whether there are any community programs that might contribute towards the cost of your home care. We specialize in matching our eligible clients with the best programs based on your financial situation. To understand the different payment options, click here. Also, if you are a veteran, or a surviving spouse, you may qualify for the VA’s veterans home care benefit.
At the conclusion of our Needs Assessment visit, we will schedule our Nursing Assessment to design your care plan.
Nurse Assessment and Oversight
Often times, people consider home care services to be light chores and companionship. However, it can be much more involved. At HomeCentris, you will be served by a team of professionals whose goal is to provide the care that lets you remain safe and independent at home. Nurse oversight is an important part of home care because monitoring your health and changing needs allow us to serve you better.
After your Needs Review, one of our Registered Nurses will perform a thorough nursing assessment. This assessment is one of the most important pieces of designing your individualized care plan, the blueprint for your home care services.
After we start your services, our Registered Nurses will continue to visit you periodically. During these visits, they will perform follow-up assessments and record any changes since the last visit. If our Nurse determines you have new challenges or a change to your prior condition, our Nurse will provide counseling and training. If your condition changes significantly, our Nurse will revise the care plan and coordinate with your caregiver. HomeCentris Personal Care’s Registered Nurses also interact with your family and other members of your healthcare team and provide referrals to other providers or specialists, as needed.
Home Care Services
Once our Registered Nurse has designed your customized care plan, your care can begin. Our compassionate caregivers are available to help you with all the Activities of Daily Living, including:
- Personal Care and Hygiene. To enhance your overall feeling of well-being, our caregivers can assist you with things like bathing, showering, shaving, dressing, skin care, and dental care.
- Walking Assistance, Transferring and Positioning. Sometimes you may need a little help and encouragement to move around your residence and find a comfortable position in your favorite chair. We can also help with any devices you may use like canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Meal Preparation and Assistance with Eating. Many of our clients need help preparing meals and eating. From food shopping, to meal preparation, to assistance with dietary restrictions, our caregivers will be there for you.
- Assistance with Toileting. From reminders to assistance, our caregivers can help.
- Light Housekeeping and Errands. Our caregivers can help with light housekeeping chores such as organization, straightening up, de-cluttering, washing dishes, and vacuuming. We can also help with organizing mail, trips to bank, trips to the pharmacy, escorting you to medical appointments, and helping you coordinate with any community-based programs you may use.
- Laundry and Linen Washing. We can help with washing your personal clothes, washing your linens and towels, folding clothes, and making beds.
- Safety Monitoring and Companionship. Sometimes our clients just want someone to whom they can talk. Our compassionate caregivers will ensure you are secure in your residence and lend an ear when you want to talk.
Our care plans for home care services help you or your family member remain independent and protect or enhance your lifestyle. Let us help you remain at home, where you want to be.
There is a whole team involved in your home care services – clients, family, agency caregivers, nurses, physicians, pharmacists, support planners, and other healthcare professionals. As your needs increase, the coordination among your team members becomes more important. As this occurs, many of our clients become overwhelmed by the prospects of managing their own care. HomeCentris can help you manage this coordination.
Our Care Coordination service is specifically designed to help you coordinate care among all your team members. At the heart of our model is a Client Relationship Manager. This professional is a wealth of information and can arrange or coordinate many of the services you need. Of course, if your home care needs change, your Client Relationship Manager can arrange meetings with your caregiver and Registered Nurse or arrange a referral to a home health agency.
Caring for a loved one can be very rewarding, but it can also be difficult and overwhelming. To care for a loved one, it is important family members get regular support and rest. Getting occasional help can be as important to the family’s well-being as for the client’s. HomeCentris can help you by providing short-term respite breaks that help you relieve stress, get a rest, and promote balance in your life. Our compassionate caregivers will help family members feel confident their loved one is receiving good care while they receive a break. Whether for a one-time appointment, while you travel, or for longer assignments, let HomeCentris help you care for your loved one.
Eyes & Ears Program
HomeCentris can be a family’s Eyes and Ears for an elderly parent by providing regular updates on the patient’s condition and care needs. Our caregivers typically maintain ongoing communication with a patient’s family members and the HomeCentris agency, providing regular progress reports and updates on any changes in the patient’s condition or care plan. This ongoing communication helps family members stay informed on their loved one’s well-being and ensures that any changes in their condition are addressed promptly. Click here to learn more.